Friday, February 8, 2008

and have not love

Tonight I am convicted. If I plan the perfect service, and have not love, it is nothing. If I impart my vision to those I am called to lead, and have not love, I have gained nothing. If my scheduling is flawless, but I have not love, all my efforts are in vain. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the details and my own desires. It is so easy to focus on my vision and the knowledge I have gained. It is so easy to be compelled to use my gifts. But, if I do all of these things without love, it is futile and my ministry will be lifeless and empty.

If I communicate perfectly speaking in such a way that everyone can understand, but do not have love, I am like monotonous tapping.

And, if I have powers to know what perfect worship looks like, and understand the mysteries of God and have all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to dry up large bodies of water, but do not have love, I am nothing.

If I give away everything I own, my retirement money and my inheritance, and if I give my life for another, but do not love, I gain nothing.

So, Father, slow me down, quiet me with your love, open my heart and my eyes to see who you have placed before me. Teach me, Lord, ever so gently, how much you love your children. And, then, motivate and equip me to serve with that very love.

No comments:

Post a Comment