Saturday, May 31, 2008

dear seminary friends,

While reading in Nehemiah this morning, 4:19-20 stuck out to me. “And I said to the nobles and to the officials and to the rest of the people, ‘The work is great and widely spread, and we are separated on the wall, far from one another. In the place where you hear the sound of the trumpet, rally to us there. Our God will fight for us.’”

Lest you think I am implying that Nehemiah was thinking of graduates from Gordon Conwell when he wrote this, I’m not. :) Instead, I am saying that it provides beautiful imagery for us to consider.

Sometimes I miss all of you so much. I long for the times when we ate together in the cafeteria (some of us for free!), went to classes and chapel together, hung out in my apartment and at the library, and played foosball in a never ending fashion. But, when I read this, it reminds me that the work is great and widely spread, and indeed we are separated; however, we are needed to build different parts of the wall. And, I have been so touched by the support I have received from all of you when you have heard my cry for help and have rallied to me there. It’s as if the trumpet can be heard in the United Kingdom, California, Connecticut, DC, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington, and further. So, I’m committed to continue on in the work He has for me here in Minnesota.

And, today I rest in the reality that God will and is fighting for us in all parts of this crazy world.

No comments:

Post a Comment