Monday, January 29, 2007

thought-giggles

I don’t remember who coined this term…if it is you, please remind me :) Sometime ago I was describing these random bursts of laughter that occur when I am alone. A few apartments ago, I was concerned that the incredibly thin walls would reveal to my neighbors that I frequently laugh to myself. And, that they would think I was crazy. Often as I would take off my makeup at night or prepare dinner or clean, my mind would be going. Things easily amused me. I would laugh at the thought of the way the girl looked at me after my comment, or the way the guy hastily walked across the street. Life humored me.

A few weeks ago I had a thought-giggle. I was a bit startled, and I realized that it had been a long time since these happened with any sort of frequency. Since then, I have been laughing in my car, giggling as I walk from place to place, and of course snickering at the events of the day as I get ready for bed. I’m so thankful the thought-giggles have returned.

~ by funsize on January 29, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment