Monday, January 29, 2007

something different

In the dimly lit restaurant, our waitress looked at us and said, “Are you guys Christians? I saw you praying.” A million thoughts ran through my head. We looked at her and nodded, “yes, we are.” She told us that she too was a Christian and seemed really excited that she had been blessed to wait on Christians. She asked about our lives and our connections. We asked about hers. As we finished our dessert we talked about the many ways that statement could be taken, “Are you guys Christians? I saw you praying.” We were sort of…taken aback. As we were leaving she said to us, “If I don’t see you again, I will see you again”

There is something refreshing about living here. I am not constantly surrounded by people who believe in God. I enjoy talking to my hairdresser and my dental hygienist about the Lord. Here something is different about me. Here I have something to offer. Here I have a story of good news to tell. I like that.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.”

No comments:

Post a Comment